Renting a Bounce House is very exciting! It arrives, gets set up, and the kids go nuts! While your kids will have plenty of fun just bouncing, there are many creative ways that you can add to the fun.
We’ve got some game ideas specifically designed for bouncer play and separated by age group. These party games are simple and fun. Try your own variations of the games to keep things interesting!
Here are some great bouncer party game ideas:
Small Children’s Games
Bounce Like A…
- Tell the children that every time you count 1-2-3 then yell out an animal, they have to jump like that animal.
- Try frog, kangaroo, rabbit, then see what happens when you call out lizard, bird, elephant, fish and snail!!
- Grab some balloons and toss them in the moonwalk with the children. The can bounce with them and toss them in the air.
Red Light / Green Light
- When you yell “green light”, everyone bounces. When you yell “red light” everyone freezes.
Medium Children’s Games
- Have the children number off. Make sure they remember their numbers! Then, have them scramble and sit in a circle. Have the birthday child stand in the middle of the circle.
- The birthday child then calls out 2 numbers. The children with those two numbers have to get up and trade spots while the birthday child tries to beat them to one of the spots.
- The person left standing calls out 2 more numbers and tries to beat those children to a seat.
- Get a roll of streamers and tear 1 foot lengths off of it. Tuck one end of each streamer into each child’s waistband then turn them loose!
- The goal is to collect as many other children’s streamers while protecting your own. When your streamer is pulled, you have to get out (or sit down).
- The winner is the last child still wearing a streamer!
Red Light / Green Light (Medium Size Children)
- Shout “Red Light” and everyone has to freeze. Shout “Green Light” and everybody can jump again.
- While everyone is in “Red Light” mode, give them instructions to follow when you yell “Green Light”. Things to do:
- Pretend to fly like a bird
- Roll Around on the floor
- Bounce on your behind then back to your feet
- Bounce on your knees then back to your feet
Bigger Kids Games
Port and Starboard
This is a memory and action game.
On the command (from the list below) the children have to do the appropriate action. After a while, start removing the last player to comply, until only one remains.
- Port (Run to one side of the bouncer)
- Starboard (Run to the other side)
- Captains Coming Aboard (Stand to attention and Salute)
- Submarines (Lie on the floor)
- Hoist the Mainsail (Run on the spot – like climbing the rigging)
- Mess Deck (Sit cross legged on the floor – ready for lunch)
- Sharks Ahoy (jump, jump, jump – try to stay off the floor)
- Up Periscope (Stand up straight and old hands to eyes as though looking through binoculars)
- Have one kid do a move, such as hopping on one leg. Then everyone repeats the move. The next kid does the first kid’s move, and then adds one of his own. Everyone must then do the two moves together. The third kid does the first two moves, and then adds one of her own. Everyone must do all three moves now.
- Anyone not coordinated enough to do the moves correctly have to sit down or leave the bouncer. Last one to do all the moves correctly wins!
Capture the Flag
- Get 2 or 4 colors of party streamers. Divide the children into 2 or 4 teams. Each team guards a corner pillar. (For 2 teams, have them guard opposite pillars).
- Write each team’s color on a sticky note and stick it on their pillar. This is their flag.
- Tear off about a foot of streamer and tuck the end of it into each child’s waistband.
- The goal is to grab the other team’s flag (sticky note) while guarding your own. To do this, get the other team “out” by grabbing their streamer and pulling it out. When your streamer is pulled, you have to get out of the moonwalk.
- The winning team is the one that captures all the flags (sticky notes). The winning player is the one who captures the most streamers!